I must have that keyboad

| Saturday, February 28, 2009

I've used several different types of keyboards over the years (crash would tell you "a couple of years") and I thought I found my true match. The Microsoft Natural Ergo keyboard 4000 and I were the perfect together. It never felt cheap and I could bang-out code very fast. I was sold on the concept of the ergo keyboard until recently. I purchased a MacBook Pro and found that the smaller compact keyboard was even easier to type with. They keys are low-profile and functional. I can type for hours and never feel any kind of ache in my hands or wrists.

Recently, we have decided to sprint from home a couple of days out of the week, so I've been on a quest for what I call Home Office Zen, you know, because I want to be comfortable when I work. When I built my house I built a home office with it because my hobby, in addition to my carrier, is programming. I blew a bunch of money and installed hard-wood flooring and some really nice wood office furniture. My wife is a full-time student so I've set-up the office so that we can work in the same room at the same desk and not be in each-others space.

Today I found a deal on a new monitor that I could not refuse. It's some no-name brand 28" HD monitor that was $299 (floor model). Anyone who's ever used an external monitor on a laptop knows that you've got to get an external keyboard to go along with it. While I was at Bestbuy today I thought about picking up another Microsoft keyboard but something drew me away from the PC keyboards. It was the Apple stand. I've always loved how nice the Apple Keyboard looks but I've never played with it. I had my son with me and needed to kill some time while they prepared my monitor so I started banging on it (he helped of course).

Wow! This keyboard rocks. It has the exact same feel as my MacBook. In fact, it has something is was desperately missing from the PC keyboard; the delete key. There is a key named delete, but it is really a backspace key. Yeah, you can do fn + delete but who wants to do a two handed delete? Also, the Apple Keyboard has 10-key, which I use a lot.

I'm sold! It is time to bail on Microsoft once again. At $49 snaps, I'll probably get one for my cubie as well.


Powered by Qumana


0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has an advanced spam detections system. Send us spam and we will shoot a missile into your living room.